I adore this Anne Taintor picture. It’s pretty much how I feel about summer and if I ever get to that tropical island in the near future.
Cooking Light did a recipe makeover for Pina Coladas in their June issue and Serena adapted it into Pina Colada Popsicles last month. Here’s my spin on it using bananas and light coconut milk (something I make sure I always have in my pantry.)Print
Banana Coconut Colada
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gold rum (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve in a glass with straws and paper umbrellas!
Alas, no drink umbrella in these coladas but still worthy of that tropical island.
Do you have a favorite summertime beverage?