Jazz up your basic potato salad with these simple yet super flavorful ingredient additions.
It’s Healthy Kitchen Hacks Wednesday – the day we share our favorite time-saving kitchen tricks and cooking shortcuts to help you make healthy and delicious meals.
5 EASY WAYS TO FLAVOR UPGRADE YOUR POTATO SALAD
We’re in the height of potato salad season and I have five “flavor bomb” ways you can jazz up any basic potato salad. These recommendations are for approximately 2 pounds of boiled potatoes and be sure to use this Healthy Kitchen Hack from Serena:
Mix these flavor upgrades with your potatoes right after you drain them and while they are still hot. They’ll soak up more of the flavors that way.5 Easy Ways to Flavor Upgrade That Potato Salad #healthykitchenhacks @tspbasil Click To Tweet
1) HARISSA – If you like things SPICY, toss about 2 tablespoons of harissa with hot potatoes. If you want to cool the burn a bit, mix the harissa first with 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
2) PESTO – Toss about 1/2 cup of pesto with hot potatoes. Try Serena’s Bright Green Basil Mint Pesto recipe.
3) ROMESCO SAUCE – Whip up Romesco Sauce in Minutes and toss about 3/4 cup of it with hot potatoes.
4) EVERYTHING BAGEL SPICE + SESAME OIL – Have you jumped on the bandwagon and bought Everything Bagel Seasoning yet? I’m quite partial to the Trader Joe’s version and I’m finding new ways to use it practically every week. Mix 3 tablespoons sesame oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of Everything Bagel Seasoning and toss with hot potatoes.
5) HUMMUS + SMOKED PAPRIKA – Give your hummus a pop with my favorite spice around! Mix 3/4 cup of hummus with 2 teaspoons smoked paprika and then toss with hot potatoes.
Do you have a favorite potato salad recipe? Which one of these upgrades would you try first? Let us know in the comments below!