They’re back!! A few years ago, this garlic fiend fell in love with garlic scapes (seriously, how did I live 40 years without them?) Called garlic scapes, green garlic or garlic shoots, they have a short season but are worth seeking out as they are milder than garlic and taste oh so very fresh.
Traditional Green Goddess Dressing features garlic, parsley, chives, tarragon, has a mayonnaise base and uses anchovies for extra flavor. I used yogurt and avocado (it’s green after all) for the creamy base and only left out the little fishies because my pantry was bare.Print
Garlic Scape Green Goddess Dressing
Garlic scapes are milder version of whole garlic cloves and have a short season in late spring/early summer. Try this version of Green Goddess Dressing!
- 3/4 cup Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic scapes, roughly chopped (or 1 garlic clove, peeled)
- 1/2 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1 teaspoon orange muscat vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Water (to thin dressing)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, add yogurt, parsley, garlic scapes, avocado, vinegar and lime juice. Process until smooth.
- For a thinner dressing, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and process until at a desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Want another scape hit? Here’s Serena’s recipe for Grilled Cheddar, Bacon and Pear with Green Garlic Pesto – heaven.
Are you a garlic fan? Or prefer it in small doses?