Make easy pear butter in the slow cooker and make your toast happy! Sweet pears and spices cook down together for spreadable fruit. Pear Butter is also delicious on oatmeal, yogurt or ice cream.
Here’s a happy thought.
At 3:00 pm, you could throw a couple chopped pears (don’t bother to peel them) in the slow cooker; and at 6:00 pm, you could be spreading warm spiced Pear Butter on your bread – maybe to go alongside some soup for dinner. And for those three hours, your house will smell absolutely wonderful.
This Pear Butter in the Slow Cooker is really just 3 simple ingredients:
- Pears – Any variety like Anjou, Bartlett, even Asian pears
- Sweetener – I’ve used honey or brown sugar before. You only use 3 tablespoons in the whole recipe.
- Lemon or lime juice
Add a few more ingredients and you could make these Pear Butter variations:
- Ginger + lime juice + lime zest
- Nutmeg + vanilla + bourbon
- Cinnamon + cardamom + lemon zest
Pears are in season right now through late winter. In fact, December is even National Pear Month. In terms of nutrition, pears are pretty amazing:
- One medium pear provides 6 grams of fiber, which is about 24% of the Daily Value
- Pears are a good source of vitamin C.
- Pears also naturally contain phytonutrients and other antioxidants. These are mainly found in and just under the pretty colored skins of the different pear varieties. So eat the peel – as in this recipe.
- A medium-sized pear contains only 100 calories.
OK, not look at your clock – in 3-4 hours you could be making your toast happy by spreading on this Easy Pear Butter…
LOVE PEARS? Try these recipes:
Mini Pear Fig Tarts – Use Mason jar lids to make portion sized fruit pies like these mini pear and fig tarts!
Chocolate Pear Roses – Impress your family with these easy to make fruit flowers using chocolate, pears, jam and puff pastry.
How to Make Sweet Ginger Pear Chips – Just 3 ingredients and about a half-hour in the oven and crispy, sweet pear chips will emerge to make your lunchboxes happy. Kids can make these!Print
Have you ever made fruit butter, like pear or apple butter? Did it make your toast happy? (: