Fruit juice plus 2 more ingredients mix together to make a sweet-tart dressing everyone will want to pour on veggies.
Disclosure: As co-owner of The Recipe ReDux, I was compensated by POM Wonderful to manage this contest. But I’m a true lover of POM pomegranates; they’ve saved many lunches at my house.
Resolving to stay sugar-free in January? You need this dressing.
Trying to eat more greens – but bored with salads? This dressing is for you.
Think your kids will only ever eat veggies that are smothered in Ranch dressing? Think again.
This 3-Ingredient Salad Dressing went over big at my house. Maybe it was due to the fun deep purple-red color. But I’m pretty sure the biggest reason my kids loved it was the sweet-tart taste.
And I loved that the only sugar was from the natural fruit sugars found in beautifully ruby red POM pomegranate juice. I also appreciate that:
- POM Wonderful 100% Juice is powered by antioxidants. The pomegranate is whole-pressed, meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from two whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith and rind – is found in each 8 oz bottle.
- Research that includes POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice uses 8 oz per day in its studies on muscle strength recovery, memory and cognition, microbiome, and more.
- POM Wonderful 100% Juice is a good source of potassium. Each 8 oz bottle contains as much as a medium banana.
In other words, it’s pretty much #CrazyHealthy #AD 3-Ingredient Pomegranate Salad Dressing makes any plate of veggies #CrazyHealthy via @TspCurry #TheRecipeReDux Click To Tweet
When POM Wonderful approached us about sponsoring this Recipe ReDux contest, I was thrilled. Every year when POM pomegranates show up in the market, I have an opportunity to remind my kids that some fruits are actually still seasonal. And because of that, they actually taste their sweetest during their (too-short) season from November to March. So we buy all the pomegranates we can! The first one of the season, we always eat and enjoy all the red, sticky sweet stains on our fingers. But after the first one, we use Deanna’s smart #HealthyKitchenHack for The Easy Way To Remove Pomegranate Seeds.
When you make the dressing, shake it up inside the POM Wonderful Juice bottle. My kids loved pouring on their own dressing from this cool – and easy-to-handle dressing bottle. (:Print
3-Ingredient Pomegranate Salad Dressing
Easy dressing to perk up any plate of veggies. Your kids may even like it better than Ranch dressing!
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 (8-ounce bottle) POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive
- Optional: Salt to taste
- Pour pomegranate juice into a pot. Bring just to a boil, uncovered. Turn heat down to medium-low. Simmer for about 15 minutes until juice has reduced by more than a half, to about 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in mustard and olive oil, and optional salt and pepper. (I didn’t use salt in the dressing, but did add a bit of salt to veggies when served.)
This dressing was delicious served over the pictured salad of baby spinach, arugula, roasted pistachios, Halo mandarin oranges and soft Pecorino cheese (crumbled Cheddar would also be delicious.)
Do you have a go-to homemade dressing? How do you love to eat pomegranates?