Summer salad or any-time entree, this quick dish of Shrimp Zucchini Noodles with Caramelized Onion and Sesame Seed Dressing with help you get a meal on the table in almost no time.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MARIE’S MARKET RESERVE DRESSINGS. I WAS COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME.
And here’s the third yummy Mediterranean inspired recipes showcasing Marie’s Market Reserve Dressings! (If you missed the first two, checked out these Crunchy Fish Sticks with Lemon Dip and Mediterranean Barley Grain Bowls with Caesar Kale.
Marie’s Market Reserve Dressings are made with real premium ingredients and no artificial preservatives. All dressings are carefully crafted and have 60 calories or less per serving. Find them in the refrigerated produce section of the supermarket.
Deanna combined two go-to summer ingredients – shrimp and zoodles with one of her favorite Marie’s dressings: Caramelized Onion and Sesame Seed – to create a super easy yet super yummy lunch or dinner!
But don’t worry if you don’t have a spiralizer to make these pretty zucchini noodles, AKA zoodles. Instead, try this Healthy Kitchen Hack:
Use a vegetable peeler to make long, wide ribbons of zucchini. Then stack the noodles on top of each other and cut long narrow zucchini noodles.
And please don’t wait til summer to try this dish!#ad Shrimp Zucchini Noodles with Caramelized Onion Sesame Seed Dressing are one yummy way to eat the Mediterranean Diet via @TspCurry #mariesdressing Click To Tweet Print
Shrimp Zucchini Noodles with Caramelized Onion and Sesame Seed Dressing
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, shelled and tails removed, thawed
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Marie’s Market Reserve Caramelized Onion and Sesame Seed Dressing, divided
- 2 large or 3 small zucchini (14 to 16 ounces total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ chopped fresh parsley or chives (or a combination of both)
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of Marie’s dressing. Let sit as you prepare the zucchini.
- To make the zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer or box grater holding the zucchini at 45° angle against the largest grater holes. Slowly slide the zucchini down lengthwise to make long noodles. Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl and toss with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat coated with cooking spray. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring a few times, for about 4 to 5 minutes, until they just turn pink and start to curl up. Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Place the skillet back on the heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally with tongs, until the noodles have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the skillet along with the remaining ¼ cup Marie’s dressing. Using tongs, toss all the ingredients together and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the chopped herbs, and serve.