Easy healthy homemade baked Crunchy Fish Sticks with Lemon Basil Dip have amazing flavor – but with only 4 ingredients. Yup! Dinner on the table in no time with our no-mess Healthy Kitchen Hack for breading the fish.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY Marie’s Market Reserve Dressings. I WAS COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME, BUT I’M A MARIE’S DRESSING FAN FROM WAY BACK!
This might be the easiest and yummiest way we’ve found to eat fish. Ever.
Plus, this recipe fits right into a Mediterranean Diet – and that’s something to celebrate – especially since May is Mediterranean Diet Month. Even as dietitians, Deanna and I are always trying to get our families to eat more seafood, which is part of the Mediterranean way. There are so many seafood benefits from brain health to heart health to the increased ability for the body to handle stress a bit better. <<< And that’s something we can all use these days!
I’ll admit I was dubious. When I first thought of slathering pieces of fish with Marie’s Market Reserve Meyer Lemon Basil dressing – and then breading it – I didn’t think the breading would stick. And I wasn’t sure the fresh flavors of the dressing would come through.
Boy, was I wrong. The fish sticks kept their crunchy breading – and the lemon basil flavors was a huge hit with my family. Huge!
My family is already fans of Marie’s Market Reserve Dressings. And that’s saying a lot since most of the dressings that are drizzled over salads and veggies in my house are homemade. But since I was a girl, Marie’s Ranch in the mason jar was what my mom spooned on our iceberg lettuce salads – and I’ve continued in the dressing tradition for my family’s baby carrot snacks.
And after Marie’s introduced their new Market Reserve dressings last fall, I was blown away by their fresh flavors. They really don’t taste like any other store-bought dressing. You can actually taste the tart lemon *juice* not just ‘lemon flavoring’. And if the lemons in these photos look a little orange-colored, that’s because they are *actual* Meyer lemons. (I just had to taste them side-by-side with the Meyer Lemon Basil dressing to see if I could taste the dressing’s ‘Meyer-lemon-ness’. I could!)#ad Healthy baked Crunchy Fish Sticks with Lemon Basil Dip are one yummy way to eat the Mediterranean Diet via @TspCurry Click To Tweet
So if you’re new to Marie’s Market Reserve Dressings, here’s the scoop:
- Marie’s dressings are made with real premium ingredients and no artificial preservatives. So you’ll only find them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- They come in specially sized containers perfect for using up quickly so they stay extra fresh.
- Choose from Wildflower Honey & Lime Vinaigrette, Meyer Lemon Basil, Smoked Black Pepper Caesar, Caramelized Onion & Sesame Seed, and Southwest Style Ranch.
- All delicious new flavors have 60 calories or less per serving.
How to Prep Crunchy Fish Sticks with Lemon Basil Dip
Now, back to those fish sticks, make sure you check out the Healthy Kitchen Hack in this recipe that keeps your finger CLEAN and helps make any homemade fish sticks a no-mess process.
- Pour the Marie’s Meyer Lemon Basil dressing over a large bowl-full of fish pieces. Mix with a fork.
- Using a fork, transfer the fish to a plastic zip-top bag that’s filled with the 2-ingredient breading mix of almonds and panko bread crumbs.
- Shake the bag and then simply transfer the fish to a baking sheet.
- Don’t overbake the fish! Start with 6 minutes only.
Want more Mediterranean fish stick recipes, see our: