Impress your family with this Maple Walnut Salmon dish using fresh sockeye salmon fillets from ALDI.
[Disclosure: ALDI compensated me to write this post. Opinions and thoughts are my own – but it’s no secret that I’m an ALDI shopper!]
Are you and your family eating enough fish? There’s no better time than now to try to get a seafood recipe into your week whether it’s on a Friday during Lent or any night you have 20 minutes to spare (because that’s how fast you can cook it up!)
The most common barriers I hear for people not eating more seafood is:
1) Not sure where to buy it
2) Not sure how to cook it
3) Don’t like the smell or texture
While Serena and I have shared many seafood recipes on Teaspoon of Spice, here’s one more to hopefully get you on board with feeling good about buying, preparing and eating more of it!#sponsored Maple Walnut Crusted Salmon recipe featuring fresh sockeye salmon from @ALDIUSA @tspbasil Click To Tweet
So, I’ve professed my love for and reasons why I shop at ALDI in the past here: 10 Reasons Why This Mom and Dietitian Wants You To Visit ALDI and here: Budget-Friendly Holiday Recipes.
And now I have another reason: ALDI makes fish easy and affordable.
- ALDI offers fresh fish, like Atlantic salmon and tilapia.
- They work with Sustainable Fisheries Partnership and the Global Aquaculture Alliance to ensure sustainable sourcing whenever possible.
- ALDI also aims to buy all its seafood products from responsibly-managed fisheries and farms that have minimal impacts on the marine environment.
My go-to ALDI seafood buys so far include:
- Sea Queen Frozen Jumbo Easy Peel Raw Shrimp – I always have shrimp in the freezer for last-minute tacos, pasta or rice dishes.
- Specially Selected Sockeye Salmon Fillets – One of my favorite fish to use for tostadas, salads and now this Maple Walnut Crusted Salmon recipe.
Other fish dishes to try from ALDI:
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Salmon Foil Packets
- Grilled Citrus & Herb Salmon
- Lemon, Basil and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Marinated Shrimp
And some of our very favorite recipes from Teaspoon of Spice:
- Roasted Pepper Tomato Shrimp Gnocchi Bake
- Salmon Caesar Salad with Anchovy Free Dressing
- Roasted Avocado Salmon Taco Salad
- Red Pepper and Salmon Tostadas
BONUS ALDI PRODUCTS:
Each year, the global research agency Kantar TNS surveys 40,000 American shoppers to find out their favorite products. And in 2018, three ALDI-exclusive foods were named 2018 Product of the Year:
- Little Salad Bar Assorted Fresh Guacamole – comes in Chunky, Southwest and Pineapple Poblano flavors
- Elevation by Millville High Protein Bars – 20 grams of protein per bar with flavors like Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mint
- Friendly Farms Greek Yogurt Tilts – with flavors like Key Lime and Crazy for Coconut
To find an ALDI near you, click on their store locator. Don’t have one nearby? Well, ALDI plans to expand to 2.500 stores nationwide by the end of 2022 making it the 3rd largest grocery store by count in the U.S.A.
Have you tried any of these Products of the Year winners? Have you ever bought fish at ALDI? LMK in the comments or over on Facebook!