Disclosure: The California Table Grape Commission compensated The Recipe ReDux (co-owned by ReganMillerJones, Inc. and Teaspoon Communications) to administrate this recipe contest. We are not eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. My thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve been wanting to make Deanna’s recipe for Rosemary Shrimp Skewers for almost two years now. (It’s one of our most popular posts ever!)
So I bought a little rosemary tree and have been waiting FOREVER for it to grow stalks long enough to use as skewer sticks. (Yes, I know I could probably just buy them, but, you know, once you get an idea in your head, you hate to kill the picturesque image!)
So when I was thinking about The Recipe ReDux Fall in Love with Grapes recipe contest sponsored by the California Table Grape Commission I asked my kids what I should make with one of their three favorite fruits: Green grapes, red grapes and purple grapes:
8 year old girl said: “Grape Dip”
5 year old girl said: “Grape Kababs”
3 year old boy said: “Grape Ice Cream”
Baby said: “Hi!”
All are very good options…and I will probably be trying to create all the recipes since California Grapes are gloriously in season May to January. But the 5-year-old’s idea made me think of my struggling little rosemary tree. The tree still has a way to go. But I did harvest one branch and it made one lovely fragrant woodsy skewer (thus there is only ONE rosemary skewer in these photos!) But regular metal skewers still made delicious Grilled Grape & Rosemary Chicken Kabobs.
I altered the original recipe to what I had on hand – but the amazing flavor of rosemary, lemon grilled grapes is something you have to try!Print
Grilled Grape & Rosemary Chicken Kabobs
- Yield: 4-5 servings 1x
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pound bite-sized chicken thigh pieces (uncooked)
- 1 pound California Table Grapes (any color)
- 8–10 rosemary sprigs (for skewers) or metal skewers or water-soaked bamboo skewers
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons oil, chopped rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour into large plastic bag or bowl.
- Add chicken and shake until completely coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour (or even 5 minutes like I did because I was pressed for time!)
- Add the grapes to the marinade the last 5 minutes of marinading time.
- Thread pieces of chicken alternately with grapes on each rosemary sprig or skewer. Discard marinade.
- On a grill pan over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Place 3-4 skewers at a time on hot pan. Cook 3 minutes per side. Repeat until all skewers have been cooked.
What’s your favorite color of Table Grapes?