Yesterday, I waxed poetic about my race weekend in Vermont with the CabotFit team.
And today, I’m sharing one of my favorite type of pre-race meals.
So, this couscous dish is the type of thing I would eat the day before a long run or race. It’s also the type of dish I’m eating often these days as my weekly CSA share is pretty much predicting how I cook.
Lately, green garlic/garlic scapes have been abundant in my weekly share (more garlic scape recipes here) and we’re still getting asparagus – yay!
So, my CSA share recipe formula is:
1) Roast or grill veggies
2) Cook up pasta/rice/whole grain
3) Toss with seasonings + cheese (in this instance, the Cabot Garlic & Herb Cheddar I received a few weeks ago was the perfect match.)
Green Garlic Asparagus Couscous
A simple yet flavorful green veggie grain meal made from green garlic, asparagus, Israeli couscous and Cabot garlic herb cheddar.
- Yield: 4 servings. 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 garlic scapes, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Israeli couscous or farro
- 4 ounces Cabot Garlic & Herb Cheddar, shaved
- Place baking sheet in oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss together asparagus, garlic scapes, oil, pepper and salt. Add to baking sheet and roast for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While asparagus is cooking, cook Israeli couscous according to package.
- When couscous is done, toss with roasted asparagus and cheese. Serve immediately.
One last THANK YOU to the Cabot staff and the 1,200 farmer families for your dedication to the land, good health and delish dairy foods!
Do you run/work out for good eats? What’s in your CSA share or farmer’s market shopping bag these days?