These Cherry Nut Energy Bites require no baking and no chill time so they are ready to snack on in less than 10 minutes!
It’s Healthy Kitchen Hacks Wednesday – the day we share our favorite time-saving kitchen tricks and cooking shortcuts to help you make healthy and delicious meals.
Now…onto today’s featured Healthy Kitchen Hack:
No-Bake No-Chill Energy Bites:
Typically when you make any kind of no-bake protein/energy bites/balls, you need to chill the batter for at least 30 minutes after mixing it together so you can shape the bites/balls without having them fall apart.Try this #healthykitchenhack to make No Bake Cherry Nut Energy Bites in 10 minutes! @tspbasil Click To Tweet
Well, no more. You can have both no-bake AND no-chill energy bites with this hack: use frozen fruit instead of dried fruit!
I inadvertently created this shortcut when I didn’t have dried cherries for a no-bake bites recipe and resorted to using frozen cherries instead. I realized I could skip the 30 minutes chill time because the frozen cherries cooled down the batter quickly and helped keep the batter together.
I’ve only tried this hack with this Cherry Almond version below so far but I’m sure it would translate to other snack bite/ball recipes, too. If the batter seems too wet after mixing in the frozen fruit, add another tablespoon or so of the dry ingredients like oats, flour or ground flaxseed.Print
No-Bake (No-Chill) Cherry Nut Energy Bites
These Cherry Nut Energy Bites require no baking and no chill time so they’re ready for snacking in less than 10 minutes!
- Yield: 12 - 14 bites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup golden ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries, chopped up
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, ground flaxseed and salt.
- Add nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cherries. Mix together well until a dough is formed. (If dough is too wet, add another 1 – 2 tablespoons of oats, flour or ground flaxseed.)
- To assemble each bite, scoop 1.5 tablespoons of batter into your hand and roll into a ball.
- Serve immediately. To store, put into a sealed container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
What’s your favorite no-bake energy bites/balls recipe?