- 2 large California sweetpotatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar, shredded
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetpotatoes, olive oil, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. Spread sweetpotato mixture in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- In same bowl, add black beans, kale and onions, toss together. After sweetpotatoes have been cooking for 15 minutes, add beans/kale/onions to the roasting pan and mix together well. Roast for about 10 more minutes or until kale has wilted and sweetpotatoes are cooked through. Stir a few times during this cooking time. Remove from oven but keep oven on.
- On a cookie sheet coated with spray, add six tortillas and put in oven. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven. Flip tortillas, sprinkle with a little bit of cheese, top with a few tablespoons of sweetpotato/kale mixture, sprinkle with more cheese and return to oven. Bake for another 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Before serving, sprinkle each tostada with a few fresh cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime juice.