A unique appetizer idea: Roasted Carrot Crab Bisque Shooters.
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- Salt & pepper
- 3 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 12 ounces lump crab
- Arugula leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put carrots, onions, olive oil and spice powder in roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, add carrot mixture, broth and milk. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender in batches.
- To assemble shooters, pour 3 tablespoons in a shot glass. Top with a spoonful of crab meat. Add a few arugula leaves to the glass.