Roast salmon and avocados together to make a delicious, healthy Tex-Mex salad for lunch or dinner!
- 1 –1 ½ pounds salmon
- 2 avocados, cut in half and pitted
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- Juice from ½ of lime
- 1 bag of chopped Romaine or mixed greens (or one large head of dark leafy lettuce)
- 3 taco shells, broken into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Fresh chopped cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange salmon and avocado halves in a roasting pan lined with foil. Sprinkle avocado halves with cumin, sugar and salt. Roast for 12 minutes or until salmon flakes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a blender, add ½ cup salsa. Take one of the avocado halves and scoop flesh into blender (discard skin.) Add lime juice and blend. If dressing is too thick, blend in a few teaspoons of water. Set aside.
- Arrange Romaine in a large salad bowl or platter. Flake salmon and put on top of greens. Thinly slice avocado flesh side up (do not cut all the way through the skin.) Scoop out slices with spoon and add to salad. Top with remaining ½ cup of salsa. Toss broken taco shells over top. Drizzle with avocado salsa dressing and sprinkle black pepper on top. If desired, sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm or cold. (Note if serving later, keep salad ingredients separate and toss together right before serving.)