Maple Pumpkin Pecan Waffles are as good – or better than trendy pumpkin spice anything! But if you like both, you’re in luck because these easy, toasty, fluffy waffles have plenty of pumpkin spice too!
- 3 eggs, whisked together
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked & pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, milk, syrup. Add pumpkin, oil, vanilla and stir.
- In a large bowl, with a whisk, stir together flours, baking powder, spice and salt. Mix in pecans.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Coat preheated waffle iron with cooking spray for EACH WAFFLE to be made. Pour about 1/3 cup waffle batter onto waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers instructions.
- Top with yogurt, peanut butter, or a fried egg.