- 4 pasteurized raw eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- Arils from 1 pomegranate (about 1 cup)
- Fresh mint leaves
- Separate the egg whites from yolks. Place whites in large mixing bowl and yolks in separate bowl.
- Whip the egg whites together and slowly add 1/4 cup sugar while whipping. Whip until stiff peaks form. Slowly whip in pomegranate juice and lime juice. Set aside
- In bowl with egg yolks, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, milk and pinch of salt. Whisk together well.
- Fold egg whites mixture into egg yolk/milk mixture.
- Line 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap (with enough to hang over sides of pan.) Slowly pour mixture into pan.
- Freeze for 4 – 5 hours.
- Before serving, soften in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with pomegranate arils and fresh mint leaves. Slice and serve immediately.