Your new family favorite dinner: mini meatloaves made with ground turkey, sweet potato, pizza sauce and cheese.
- 1 sweet potato, shredded (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup low sodium pizza sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together sweet potato and onions. Spread out onto baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and place back into bowl. Set aside sheet to use to cook meatloaves.
- Into the same bowl, add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, black pepper and salt. Gently mix together with your hands.
- Divide into 6 portions and shape each portion into a 3 1/2-inch long and 1-inch thick mini loaf.
- Place on tray re-coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread remaining pizza sauce and cheese over top each loaf. Put back in oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until internal temperature of one of the loaves reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.