Use your muffin pan to make these mini veggie loaded spaghetti pies – sure to be a new kid and family favorite!
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 ounce can low-sodium pizza sauce
- 15 ounce can no-salt added beans (Pinto, Cannellini or Great Northern beans)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry OR 1 cup chopped cooked mushrooms
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and add to large bowl. Add beaten eggs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and mix until spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly divide spaghetti among muffin cups pressing down into each cup.
- Add beans to empty bowl and mash with potato masher or fork. Mix in pizza sauce. Spoon about a tablespoon over each spaghetti pie.
- In another bowl, mix together spinach (or mushrooms), ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Divide among the spaghetti pies, spooning on top of the sauce.
- Top each pie with another tablespoon or so of sauce (save any leftover sauce and serve with the baked spaghetti pies.)
- Top each spaghetti pie with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a sharp knife, cut around each pie and carefully remove. Serve immediately (with remaining sauce if desired.)
Adapted from Big Bird’s Spaghetti Pie, C is For Cooking: Recipes From The Street Cookbook