The easiest way to get green beans which are perfectly tender-crisp: Microwave them for just a few minutes in small batches.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain style Dijon mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil
- 1 pound green beans, yellow beans or a mixture
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and basil with a whisk; set aside.
- In on a large microwave-safe plate, place half of green beans and 2 tablespoons water; cover loosely with tea towel or paper towel. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until just tender-crisp and place in serving bowl. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Toss beans with dressing.