Strained yogurt cheese or labneh provides tang, flavor and Middle Eastern flair to any meal.
- 16 ounces Real California Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili olive oil
- 3 mint leaves, ripped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar
- Whole wheat pita bread
- Mix Real California yogurt with salt.
- Line a colander with 4 – 5 layers of cheesecloth and place in a big bowl. Scoop yogurt into cheesecloth. Gather all sides of cheesecloth together and tie at the top. Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Open cheesecloth and scoop out labneh. You can serve plain or mix it with chili olive oil, mint leaves, garlic and za’atar. Serve with pita bread.