To make the MOST crispy chickpea snacks, follow these 5 Healthy Kitchen Hacks for super-crunchy roasted Ultimate Crispy Chickpea Snacks
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (or peanut oil)
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- Use a clean kitchen towel and rub the beans gently until dry.
- Dump beans from towel onto a large rimmed baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix well using your hands.
- Bake in a 450° oven for 10 minutes, then open the oven door and give the baking sheet a quick shake. Bake 10 minutes more. Taste test, if chickpeas are golden, but you think they could be a bit crunchier, (don’t burn yourself!) bake 3 minutes more.
- Eat hot. Or cool on the baking sheet. Store in a bowl on the counter. Don’t put in an airtight container, or beans with get slightly chewy.
- Add optional flavor combinations below after beans come out of the oven.
Optional flavor combinations: All of these combinations are to your own tastes. Start by measuring out about ¼ teaspoon of each, but taste as you go!
- ¼ teaspoon cumin + ¼ teaspoon lime zest (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder + ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cocoa powder + ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika/ground chipotle pepper (or to taste)