This summer pasta dish is a delicious, nutritious and easy way to use up your extra zucchini.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large or 4 medium zucchini, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta like farfelle, penne or linguine
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Romano, Pecorino or Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini, black pepper and salt. Stir and cook for 30 minutes or until zucchini start to brown and gets soft (stirring occasionally.)
- Pour in milk and cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While zucchini is cooking, prepare pasta according to package. Drain and mix pasta into zucchini sauce in saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mix in cheese and red pepper flakes (if desired.) Serve immediately.