- 1 (12-ounce) jar of roasted peppers, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of fire-roasted tomatoes (not drained)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cups torn, day old bread (or toast), optional
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add roasted peppers, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, vinegar and spices.
- While blender is running on medium speed, slowly drizzle in oil. Continue to puree until sauce is thoroughly mixed.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker, add in bread and puree.
- Store sauce in a jar with lid in the refrigerator for up to a week.