Grilled fruit goes beyond simple dessert – think grilled watermelon salad, grilled fruit cocktails, grilled grape kabobs and more in this recipe roundup.
- 1 small seedless watermelon, sliced ½-inch thick into quarter triangles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated finely (about 1 ounce)
- Preheat grill or grill pan (for about 5 minutes) over medium high heat until very hot.
- Brush watermelon slices with olive oil.
- Grill watermelon for about 2 -3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear.
- Remove from grill, cool slightly. Cut off rind and chop into chunks.
- Add watermelon to serving bowl and toss with lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, mint and cheese.