Celebrate orange and fall with this nutrient-packed veggie soup. Carrots, sweet potatoes and ginger are blended for an easy yet elegant bisque.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons half-n-half
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In 350 degree oven, bake sweet potato (wrapped in foil.) Remove from oven, cool and mash. Set aside.
- In a stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and ginger. Saute for 10 minutes or until carrots start to soften.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add mashed sweet potato and cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender or food processor. Return to pot and add in half-n-half.
- Heat another 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mint leaves as garnish, if desired.