Add ginger to your homemade cranberry sauce to make it extra special.
- 12 ounce bag (about 3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Rinse cranberries and add to medium pot. Add water and orange juice, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, add in honey and ginger, mix well. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes – cranberry skins will start popping and the flesh will start to cook into a sauce.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Mix in orange zest.
If you want a smoother sauce, mash with a potato masher.