Upgrade your avocado toast with ricotta cheese, black pepper and a dried plum vinaigrette drizzle.
For Dried Plum Vinaigrette:
- 6 California Dried Plums (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoons water
- 2 slices whole grain or sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Half of an avocado, sliced
- 6 California Dried Plums, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- To make dried plum vinaigrette, place 6 dried plums in small saucepan with vinegar. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add dried plum mixture to food processor or blender. Slowly add olive oil as blending/pureeing. Add enough water (continue to blend/process) until it reaches a creamy dressing like consistency.
- To assemble toasts, toast each slice of bread.
- Spread ricotta cheese over each toast.
- Layer avocado on top of each toast (or smash avocado into ricotta cheese.)
- Layer sliced dried plums on top of each toast.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Drizzle with dried plum vinaigrette.
- Store leftover dried plum vinaigrette in refrigerator for up to a week.