Enjoying the last summer cherries in yogurt and cream.
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and chopped (about 4 dozen)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- handful fresh mint leaves for garnish, optional
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, add cherries, honey, water, lemon juice, ginger and almond extract.
- Stir and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and smash with a potato masher. Cool.
- Combine cherries with yogurt.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Chill in refrigerator for about an hour. Serve with fresh mint leaves, if desired.