Salsa made with black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro – perfect for Cinco de Mayo or anytime you need a dip for tortilla chips.
- 1 (15 ounces) can (or 1 3/4 cup) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- In a medium bowl, toss together black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, scallions and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, lime juice and salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, then toss again.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side for chicken, shrimp or fish.