- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 strips center cut bacon, uncooked
- 3 avocados, pitted
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the top off of the garlic head to expose the cloves. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Loosely wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Lay bacon on a rack with a drip pan underneath. Cook for 10 -12 minutes in same oven until bacon starts to get crisp. Blot with towel and chop.
- When garlic is done, cool for five minutes and then squeeze out into a bowl.
- Add avocados, onion, cilantro, lime juice and smoked paprika. Mash to the consistency you like. Gently mix in bacon and add salt to taste.