These easy to make apple cheddar oatmeal squares are perfect for on the go breakfasts or snacks.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup Cabot plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, chopped (with peels still on)
- 4 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, applesauce, oil, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated. Gently mix in apples and cheese.
- Pour batter into baking pan and spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
*For an extra kick of cheddar, sprinkle an additional ounce of grated Cabot Extra Sharp over top batter in pan before putting it into the oven.