- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 can crab meat
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 1 cup toasted cubed whole grain white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in saucepan, whisk in flour, salt and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Whisk in mustard, lemon juice, wasabi until smooth.
- Gently stir in crab meat, eggs and toasted bread. Pour into buttered casserole dish or individual casserole cups.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter and stir in panko breadcrumbs; sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. (If top is not getting golden, broil for a few minutes, but watch closely.)