This batter is the perfect consistency to go in a squeeze bottle to make fun pancake shapes. Cut off the end of the tip of the squeeze bottle so the tip opening is larger.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl (with a pouing lip, if possible) mix together with a fork: flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- Mix egg mixture into flour mixture until incorporated.
- Coat griddle or frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the squeeze bottle using the pouring lip on the large bowl (or pour batter into a smaller liquid measuring cup with a pouring lip).
- Make a face shape outline (or another shape) first. Let cook for a few minutes until bubbles form. Then fill in the shape. Once a few bubbles pop, flip pancakes and cook for another few minutes before removing from griddle. Repeat with remaining batter.