Fool-proof roasted chicken recipe with the flavors of rosemary, orange and garlic to make your house smell amazing!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Grated orange peel from 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 3-pound whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, orange peel, rosemary, oregano, salt and garlic; mix well.
- Remove giblets (innards) from chicken cavity and place chicken on cutting board. Gently loosen the skin from the chicken breast and drumsticks by inserting your fingers and pushing between the skin and the meat. (Really, this is SO easy, do not be afraid! Even if you poke a hole in the skin – which is hard to do – a little extra flavoring will bubble out, but it’s no big deal!)
- Rub the oregano seasoning mix under the loosened chicken skin.
- Place the chicken, breast side up on a broiler or roasting sheet in the center of the oven.
- Bake until the chicken turns some-what golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of breast meat registers 165 degrees F.