- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated or coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Davidson’s Safest Choice® pasteurized eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutmeg for serving
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk, sugar, turmeric, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a simmer and heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While turmeric milk is heating, separate the yolks from the whites of the Safest Choice eggs into two separate bowls.
- Whisk yolks and set aside.
- Add egg whites to a mixing bowl and whip on high until soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Remove milk from saucepan and let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Whisk yolks into cooled milk and place back in refrigerator for 20 minutes or so.
- Before serving, fold egg whites into chilled eggnog. Pour into mugs and serve with ground nutmeg on top.