Enjoy turkey with a Tex-Mex twist with this easy to make tortilla soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound turkey breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 corn taco shells, broken into pieces
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add turkey, cumin, salt and pepper; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and add corn. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls. Top with taco pieces, avocado, cheese and cilantro.