Watercress tea sandwiches are classic British fare, these are modernized for American tastes and even made deliciously a little healthier.
- 1 can (3.75 oz) sardines, drained (I used King Oscar Sardines in Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 2% Plain)
- 1/2 cup watercress, finely chopped
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 4 slices of sandwich bread, crusts removed
- In a bowl, flake sardines with a fork (removing end of tails if desired.) Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide filling between 2 slices of bread; top with remaining 2 slices and cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.