For the soup:
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped out
- 2 scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
For the chickpeas:
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Add cucumbers, avocado, scallions, buttermilk, 1/4 cup mint leaves, lime juice, salt and pepper into blender.
- In a small bowl, whip together yogurt and mascarpone cheese. Spoon half of mixture into blender, saving the other half for garnishing finished soup.
- Blend all ingredients until pureed.
- In another bowl, mix together chickpeas, red onion, 2 tablespoons mint and smoked paprika.
- To serve, ladle 1 cup of soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of yogurt/mascarpone mix, 6 tablespoons of chickpeas, a mint leaf and a drizzle of olive oil.