This sweet (maple syrup & brown sugar) and spicy (smoked paprika) sweet potato bake is a sure hit for your holiday table. Made with lactose-free milk, too.
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted butter which is not lactose free)
- Coat a 2 -quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake potatoes for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Peel potatoes, removing strings, and mash. Stir in syrup, eggs, spices, milk. Pour into prepared dish.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and oil in a bowl; spread topping over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 10 side dishes, 15 appetizers