Kefir is a fermented drink that is good for your gut. This month’s Recipe ReDux recipe is a flavored kefir with sweet mango, spicy smoked paprika and honey.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped frozen mango, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups 1% plain kefir
- To make the spiced ice cubes, combine smoked paprika (or chili powder) in 1 cup water. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once ice cubes are ready, add 3 – 4 cubes (depending on how spicy you like your drink) to a blender. Add 1 cup frozen mango, 1/3 cup water and 1 tablespoon honey. Puree until well blended.
- To serve, pour 1 cup of kefir into a glass. Pour 1/4 – 1/3 cup spiced mango puree on top. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons frozen mango. Swirl with a spoon and serve. (Repeat 3 more times – makes a total of 4 kefir drinks.)