A veggie twist on the classic sundae: sweet potato puree mixed into vanilla ice cream and topped with low sugar peanut butter sauce!
- 1 large sweet potato (or 1 cup canned sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, no sugar added
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool.
- Take ice cream out of freezer and allow to soften for about 10 – 15 minutes. Add sweet potato to blender with 2 tablespoons milk and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg. Puree until smooth.
- Mix sweet potato puree into soften ice cream and place back in freezer to refreeze. Mix every 20 minutes or so until completely frozen (should take a few hours.)
- To make the peanut butter sauce, heat peanut butter in a small pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in evaporated milk and honey; mix well. Heat for another minute and remove from stove.
- To assemble, divide ice cream between two tall glasses. Drizzle each with warm peanut butter sauce. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.