Like the popular TikTok baked tomato feta recipe, but with new spring and summer flavors of strawberries and basil. Serve it with pasta as a cold picnic salad, or room temperature.
- 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 block (8 oz) of feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta noodles
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of reduced balsamic vinaigrette, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mist a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add cut strawberries into baking dish and drizzle strawberries with 2 tablespoons of olive oil; toss with hands to completely cover strawberries.
- Add block of feta to the middle of the dish, no strawberries should be under the feta but all strawberries should surround the feta. Drizzle the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of feta block and sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 40 minutes until feta is a light golden brown and strawberries are soft and bubbling in their juices.
- While the feta and strawberries are cooking, boil water for pasta in a large pot. When boiling, stir in the salt.
- Cook pasta noodles according to package directions.
- Drain pasta noodles when done cooking al dente; saving ¼ to ½ cup of pasta water before draining. The starch from the pasta water helps thicken pasta sauce.
- Once strawberries are done, break up feta and mix with strawberries. Add mixed strawberries and feta sauce to pot of noodles and stir together. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water. Finish with chopped basil and give it another couple stirs.
- Serve either warm from the pot into bowls or cool for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator to serve as a cold pasta salad and add optional drizzle of reduced balsamic vinaigrette.