Sweet, spicy and garlicky heat makes this chicken and roasted pineapple pizza crazy good.
- Your favorite homemade or purchased pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon corn or canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and sliced in strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh sliced pineapple (or canned pineapple rings cut into 1/4ths)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar) or mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400-degrees. In a small bowl, combine Sriracha, ketchup and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger and chicken; sauté 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in Sriracha mixture; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat.
- Remove chicken and peppers to plate, reserving pan juices in pan. Add pineapple to pan and cook 2 minutes, tossing to coat. Remove pineapple from heat.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on baking sheet or heated pizza stone.
- Assemble pizza by sprinkling 1/4 cup cheese on unbaked flattened pizza dough. Top with chicken pepper mixture and with pineapple. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden.
Loosely adapted from this Cooking Light recipe Sriracha-Glazed Chicken over Rice. (Notice there is no onions or rice in the current recipe!)