Brightly colored salad to brighten up any table; healthy dressing is just 4 ingredients.
- 2 beets, washed, scrubbed and with about 1/2-inch of stems remaining
- 2–3 Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bag (9 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 2 stalks celery, cut diagonally
- 3 ounces feta or goat cheese crumbled
- Wrap beets tightly in aluminum foil. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While beets are roasting, slice apples sideways through the core into 1/4-inch thick slices; you want to preserve the pretty apple core ‘stars’ in the center. Remove seeds if desired. Remove baking sheet from oven and place apple slices on parchment paper and roast along with beets for 20 minutes or until beets are tender and apples are golden.
- Cool beets and slip off peels. Slice into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Whisk together orange juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place spinach, celery, cubed beets in large bowl; pour as much dressing as desired over salad. Place salad on individual salad plates or pour into serving bowl and top with cheese and apple slices.