Roasted oranges make this dessert delicious and your slow cooker makes it super easy to whip up!
- 3 cups reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup small pearl tapioca
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium oranges
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Add milk, tapioca, sugar and vanilla. Zest one orange (save flesh for the pudding) and add to the slow cooker. Stir all ingredients together. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- While tapioca is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the oranges into wedges (8 wedges per orange.) Place, skin side donw, on a baking tray coated with cooking spray. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes until skins start to look burnt. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut off skins and discard. Chop up orange flesh.
- After 2 hours, whisk in orange flesh (tapioca mix will still be thin.) Cover and cook on LOW for another 30 minutes. Turn off slow cooker and let sit (covered) for 20-30 minutes before serving to allow pudding to thicken.