Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs with Noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or venison)
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced and 1 sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 12 oz soba (buckwheat) noodles
- In large bowl, with hands or a fork, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until well mixed. Form into 24 (1-in) meatballs.
- In 6-qt slow cooker bowl, place sliced garlic, broth, 1 cup water, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, red pepper and cabbage; stir to mix.
- Gently place meatballs into slow cooker bowl.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 3 hours.
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Serve meatballs and cabbage with noodles.