- 1 pound of kale, chopped, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, choped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or white beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper
- Fill a large pot 3/4ths full of water and bring to a boil. Add kale and lower to medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes then drain.
- Place empty pot back onto stove on medium heat and add olive oil. Add in onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and saute another minute.
- Add olives, capers and pepper flakes, cook for 2 minutes and then add in kale and sugar. Stir until incorporated and cover with lid.
- Stir occasionally and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Mix in tuna and beans, cook until just heated, about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.