Elegant and easy-to-make appetizer for champagne parties and holiday celebrations.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 18–20 rosemary sprigs (for skewers)
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour into two large plastic bags.
- Divide shrimp into the two bags. Seal tightly and shake until shrimp is completely coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
- Thread three pieces of shrimp on each rosemary sprig. Discard marinade.
- On a grill pan over medium heat, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Place 4 – 6 skewers at a time on hot pan. Cook 3 minutes per side. Repeat until all shrimp skewers have been cooked.
- Serve on a bed of rosemary sprigs or arugula leaves.