- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pound salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Cabot Jalapeño Light Cheddar, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of roasted red peppers chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- Cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon fillets. Cook salmon, skin side up, for 3 – 4 minutes then flip. Cook another 3 -4 minutes until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily. (You should be able to easily remove salmon from the skin, which will stick to the pan.)
- Cool salmon for 5 minutes and then flake with a fork.
- On two cookie sheets coated with cooking spray, add tortillas and put in oven. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven. Flip tortillas and divide cheese, salmon and roasted peppers among all eight tortillas. Start by sprinkling cheese on each tortilla followed by cooked salmon and then roasted peppers. Return to oven. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Before serving, sprinkle each tostada with a few fresh cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice.