This red & green salad is perfect for the holidays featuring seasonal fruits & veggies with a honey vinaigrette. It’s easy to make for a few or a big crowd!
For the salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens (baby spinach, arugula, romaine)
- Half of small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate or apple juice
- Salt & pepper
- Add all of the salad ingredients together in a big serving bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey and juice. Mix in salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before serving. pour vinaigrette over salad and toss gently.